Made it, eventually

Woke up Monday morning with a drip in my nose, and thought, what is blowing around today?  By the time I landed in Salt Lake, it was clear that I was sick.  My son and daughter-in-law picked me up and we all went to my folks' place to have some dinner before we hit the road.  I called Roseanne and asked if I could come there instead for the night, which is what we did.  I asked John to give me a blessing, and then I slept almost round the clock.  I felt safe to come to Emily's on Wednesday afternoon, and didn't hold my new baby for another day.  I wish I had my voice back, but if the register is still a little low and I can't sing, that will solve itself.

 I asked Eric to help me transfer pictures from my camera to my blog, but I haven't used a notebook computer and I had problems.  I lost the whole import list and only a couple of pics had transferred, so here they are.  Little Eden is now ten days old, nursing well, going back to sleep at night after she's fed, and showing signs that she will settle into a schedule fairly cooperatively.  (I hope those don't end up being 'famous last words' for her mother's sake.)

on Daddy's lap
While the baby was sleeping, we played a new twist on Uno--it has a machine you load with the cards, and then you push a big button to get whatever random number of cards instead of drawing one, two or four.  You might get one, or six once, or none.  Since the object is to run out of cards, pushing the button and getting nothing is lucky.   I have also been introduced to a game with cards called Fluxx.  We had fun.

UNO Attack!  I won!

Comments

  1. Being sick is bad enough. Sick on a trip is absolutely lousy! I pray that you are better.
    Cute baby. Well, all the kids are.
    You might appreciate this out of the morning paper:
    A grandfather says, "If I'd known grandkids would be so much fun, I'd have had them first!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We love you too, Hugh

The apple tree's tale

Goodby, cont.