Goodby, cont.
I didn't get back the second day, didn't finish this, did I? From last April. I just haven't been here, life has been swamped....
Now a second Christmas has passed for Clark ('Fluffy' in her blog writings). So here it is.
I miss Kathy Kidd's presence across the country....
Kathy was the impetus for me to start writing, to take the thoughts that always composed themselves in my head and craft them into things that other people might read. Clark, thank you so much for offering us this chance to be present, after the fact, at the service we had no way to come to.
I daydreamed various scenarios in which geography would disappear and I could come east (why did I no longer have family in D.C.?) or the two of you would come west, and I could meet Kathy face to face; but as I wrote to her on one instance, worried about her, “We do not have to have met in person for me to love you.” And it was true. She assured me, reminded me, that I was loved. If I ever had a moment where I wondered if I was presuming upon her attention, a couple of singular connections that had taken place came back to mind, and I knew it was all right.
I was one of many–many–pouring my heart out to God three years ago to bring her through. “His eye is on the sparrow,” but when I went to find a sparrow to send her in the hospital for Christmas, the Spirit turned me to a pair of beautifully colored little birds instead, one a brilliant blue, one red, for herself and Clark, with the whisper that this is how our Father sees his children, brilliant and never drab. Her beauty certainly shines. I included a note on how these little birds came to be heading her way, and she wrote back that they were clipped to her hospital bed.
I had things still to tell her, but if it matters she’ll know them now anyway. The telling, though, and her replies, aren’t available any more in earthly terms, and I miss her. I’m grateful for her. I love her. And we will meet, there is no doubt.
When she posted this haircut, her Facebook friends rained down compliments. She said that she was giving up on long hair; after losing it in her illness, she wasn't going to worry about it, and found that the short look was easier and she liked it. Her shtick about being "Queen of the Universe" led to remarks that she was beautiful, that she looked like a queen, and one friend opined that she needed a tiara--
"Ooh, oooh, ooh, I want a tiara!" she responded. "I bet I could find one on ebay!" And, "I need a scepter so I can bop people on the head."
To 'Fluffy'--She’ll be barely able to contain herself when she sees you again, to tell you every delight she is finding now. Until then, she won’t be far away. You’re inseparable, after all. God bless.
Now a second Christmas has passed for Clark ('Fluffy' in her blog writings). So here it is.
I miss Kathy Kidd's presence across the country....
How do I begin (humming the music intro in the back of my
head)...to tell the story...
I had read Paradise Vue and loved it. I saw Kathy's name at her previous spot and
started reading "Circle of Sisters" there and writing in a couple of
times; I dared add something personal as an accompanying note the second time
because she sent more than the minimal "your post will be included"
message. This turned into an ongoing personal correspondence as I followed her
to Planet Kathy when she started that blog.
![]() | ||
| The pic she used | as my first follower |
Kathy was the impetus for me to start writing, to take the thoughts that always composed themselves in my head and craft them into things that other people might read. Clark, thank you so much for offering us this chance to be present, after the fact, at the service we had no way to come to.
I daydreamed various scenarios in which geography would disappear and I could come east (why did I no longer have family in D.C.?) or the two of you would come west, and I could meet Kathy face to face; but as I wrote to her on one instance, worried about her, “We do not have to have met in person for me to love you.” And it was true. She assured me, reminded me, that I was loved. If I ever had a moment where I wondered if I was presuming upon her attention, a couple of singular connections that had taken place came back to mind, and I knew it was all right.
I was one of many–many–pouring my heart out to God three years ago to bring her through. “His eye is on the sparrow,” but when I went to find a sparrow to send her in the hospital for Christmas, the Spirit turned me to a pair of beautifully colored little birds instead, one a brilliant blue, one red, for herself and Clark, with the whisper that this is how our Father sees his children, brilliant and never drab. Her beauty certainly shines. I included a note on how these little birds came to be heading her way, and she wrote back that they were clipped to her hospital bed.
I had things still to tell her, but if it matters she’ll know them now anyway. The telling, though, and her replies, aren’t available any more in earthly terms, and I miss her. I’m grateful for her. I love her. And we will meet, there is no doubt.
When she posted this haircut, her Facebook friends rained down compliments. She said that she was giving up on long hair; after losing it in her illness, she wasn't going to worry about it, and found that the short look was easier and she liked it. Her shtick about being "Queen of the Universe" led to remarks that she was beautiful, that she looked like a queen, and one friend opined that she needed a tiara--
"Ooh, oooh, ooh, I want a tiara!" she responded. "I bet I could find one on ebay!" And, "I need a scepter so I can bop people on the head."
To 'Fluffy'--She’ll be barely able to contain herself when she sees you again, to tell you every delight she is finding now. Until then, she won’t be far away. You’re inseparable, after all. God bless.




Comments
Post a Comment