Home again
Well, I contemplated sitting down yesterday morning for a post that would start, "It's not quite ten o'clock, and we have been up for six hours already, and we're beat," but I was too tired to do it. We came in on the first flight of the day, the only time you might not have a crowded airplane, and then took an express bus, the brief light rail link, then a local bus to deposit us within a block of our home, rather than ask someone to come get us. With Hubby pulling both suitcases while I only had to take my little roll-aboard, it was doable; by myself I would have needed a ride. We had a wonderful time with family, and now we're back to face the regular challenges of life.
He disappeared last night after nine, and when I went to bed (we both had morning naps) at eleven, falling on my feet, I found him on top of the bed, still dressed with his shoes on, sound asleep. He had not meant to do more than stretch out a minute.
Carole is here to help with apples. The fridge is full of apples, there was no milk in the house and I had to figure out how to fit a half gallon into it--there was no question of buying the usual gallon. I don't know where all of my jars are, I am not the perfect example of provident living today. But we got two batches of applesauce done before and after dinner, and more today. Some will be for Carole to take away, she is completely spoiled now against store-bought, and it's only fair since she is part of the labor.
Therapy catch-up appointments, apples, sleep, that's what's going on. Pictures to follow tomorrow, gratitude for my blessings and my family, loved the time I had with everyone. The baby is beautiful and well.
More later! TTFN.
He disappeared last night after nine, and when I went to bed (we both had morning naps) at eleven, falling on my feet, I found him on top of the bed, still dressed with his shoes on, sound asleep. He had not meant to do more than stretch out a minute.
Carole is here to help with apples. The fridge is full of apples, there was no milk in the house and I had to figure out how to fit a half gallon into it--there was no question of buying the usual gallon. I don't know where all of my jars are, I am not the perfect example of provident living today. But we got two batches of applesauce done before and after dinner, and more today. Some will be for Carole to take away, she is completely spoiled now against store-bought, and it's only fair since she is part of the labor.
Therapy catch-up appointments, apples, sleep, that's what's going on. Pictures to follow tomorrow, gratitude for my blessings and my family, loved the time I had with everyone. The baby is beautiful and well.
More later! TTFN.
Always good to get home. As my late wife used to sing as we entered the driveway, 'Be it ever so humble, ...'
ReplyDelete