Off and away!
I didn't get anything posted yesterday, I think I was in a mental state of decompression from giving a fireside Sunday night for the youth. They requested the subject of the Last Days, such a simple subject (not!) and the bishop requested us.
Then there was the phone call earlier in the weekend...I am taking off!
Unexpectedly, I am going to be able to go be with my daughter to help out, now that the doctor has decided to induce delivery of her little girl on Thursday. I will leave on Saturday and stay for a little over a week. There were some seats available still sorta cheap, because BYU graduation is done, and public school isn't out yet, so there was a lull in demand and suddenly having a set date worked out.
Before I go, I have to teach a major topic Wednesday, clean out the fridge so that my beloved won't go looking for dinner and find things that aren't food anymore, go to the temple with a dear brother who is going for his first time, see the chiropractor (today) because I realized at 4 a.m. that this pain has settled into the unmistakeable pattern, go to the theater Thursday night (for a special pay-what-you-can performance, yay!), plan meals, do all the laundry, get groceries, pack, and move up my massage therapy appointment to Saturday morning so I will be better able to survive. (I obviously won't be here to have that appointment on next Tuesday, anyway.) Normal busy week for some, but a challenge for me.
I may not be able to zoom around and do everything, but I can do laundry and cooking and going with the two-year-old to the park across the street so that mama and new baby can rest. I can sit and tell tales, empathize and encourage, and offer my presence and love. The blessing is that those are desired.
What a blessing it is to love each other. To be glad that we are the ones who belong to each other.
Then there was the phone call earlier in the weekend...I am taking off!
Unexpectedly, I am going to be able to go be with my daughter to help out, now that the doctor has decided to induce delivery of her little girl on Thursday. I will leave on Saturday and stay for a little over a week. There were some seats available still sorta cheap, because BYU graduation is done, and public school isn't out yet, so there was a lull in demand and suddenly having a set date worked out.
Before I go, I have to teach a major topic Wednesday, clean out the fridge so that my beloved won't go looking for dinner and find things that aren't food anymore, go to the temple with a dear brother who is going for his first time, see the chiropractor (today) because I realized at 4 a.m. that this pain has settled into the unmistakeable pattern, go to the theater Thursday night (for a special pay-what-you-can performance, yay!), plan meals, do all the laundry, get groceries, pack, and move up my massage therapy appointment to Saturday morning so I will be better able to survive. (I obviously won't be here to have that appointment on next Tuesday, anyway.) Normal busy week for some, but a challenge for me.
I may not be able to zoom around and do everything, but I can do laundry and cooking and going with the two-year-old to the park across the street so that mama and new baby can rest. I can sit and tell tales, empathize and encourage, and offer my presence and love. The blessing is that those are desired.
What a blessing it is to love each other. To be glad that we are the ones who belong to each other.
Good grief, you are as listless as your sister! Seriously, even if you don't get everything done, I pray that all goes well with the visit with your daughter.
ReplyDelete