Happy Birthday, Roseanne!

The first contraction hit as we pulled out of the driveway for a drive-in movie.  Not sure, of course, if that was really what was happening, we went anyway.  It was soon clear that I was in labor, and I asked him to time the contractions.  As they became more definite, I asked him if they were getting closer together.

"Am I supposed to be keeping track?"  AACK!! Yes!  Haven't you watched enough movies or TV shows to understand that's part of your job in this situation?

To be fair, I had delivered the first baby without him, and they tried to induce the second, gave up, sent him home, and then called him back when I went into natural labor before morning.  So this was the third child, but the first time he had played the normal role of monitor.  I got to call the hospital from the pay phone at the theater, and then the friends who were taking the two little girls. Then we left. We never did see the end of that movie.

Yesterday --Saturday-- was my daughter Roseanne's birthday, and her first daughter's arrival is coming soon!  She teaches school, so her maternity leave is set to start in a few days and run till the end of the school year--so she doesn't have to work right up until she starts into labor.  YAY for some advance rest. Son Joseph will turn into a big brother in about a month.  These pictures are of Roseanne and her husband at his graduation, and with their son on his first birthday--he's now 2 1/2.  Then the little guy at Christmas. I had to swipe these pictures from her blog.  (I need you to send me pictures.)  Soon there will be four!
Love you, sweetie, glad you're mine.



Comments

  1. Happy Birthday, Roseanne! April 1st was Michelle's due date, but she came two days later. Which was a good thing, because 4/1 is also her great-grandmother Hyde's birthday, and with all due respect, I did not want her name on my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roseanne was born on her great-grandfather's birthday, but I had served advance notice that I was not naming this child, boy or girl, any form of "Irwin."

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, my! All these lovely pics from various parts of the family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We love you too, Hugh

The apple tree's tale

Goodby, cont.