Sold!
We have sold our house. Well, technically it's not sold until they exercise their option, but we have signed a contract, they have forked over some money, and will lease it while they make the repairs it needs in order to get the source of financing they want.
It is going to a young couple who are desperate for more space and who are excited about a house with plenty of space, a double lot, and three blocks from the first Montessori public elementary where they are already placed and driving their eight-year old to school everyday from outside its boundary lines. They also have a six month old baby, and want to be able to put her in her own room and out of theirs. Her mother, the grandma, contacted us the first day Hubby put a post on Craigslist because he included the address. Grandma came, then brought daughter, then son-in-law, then grandpa who can do the work, and they all spent an hour and more going through an inspection a week ago. Then the emails flew back and forth.
The kicker to me was the piano. Heavenly Father had repeated the counsel to wait and have faith, there was a plan in the works. Our need for resolution was pretty intense, and all we could do was continue to pray and try to get the house emptied. I know that I said I would never sell my piano, but I had come to realize that it was too big to take with us, wherever we ended up, and the deal was that I would sell the piano but that money would go to buy a small digital piano and not just into the general fund. I made some attempts, and nothing had come of them. I was realizing that time was getting close, if we were going to vacate the house. Ackk, what was I going to do?
They want the piano! The young mom loved it instantly, she loves to play, and a piano was on her list of eventual wishes, but not possible right now, she thought. That was the moment that I knew, casting a silent burst of joy towards heaven, that this was the family the Lord wanted to have our house, this was what He had brought together, and my piano can stay right there at home and have a brand new family.
What more can you ask?
It is going to a young couple who are desperate for more space and who are excited about a house with plenty of space, a double lot, and three blocks from the first Montessori public elementary where they are already placed and driving their eight-year old to school everyday from outside its boundary lines. They also have a six month old baby, and want to be able to put her in her own room and out of theirs. Her mother, the grandma, contacted us the first day Hubby put a post on Craigslist because he included the address. Grandma came, then brought daughter, then son-in-law, then grandpa who can do the work, and they all spent an hour and more going through an inspection a week ago. Then the emails flew back and forth.
The kicker to me was the piano. Heavenly Father had repeated the counsel to wait and have faith, there was a plan in the works. Our need for resolution was pretty intense, and all we could do was continue to pray and try to get the house emptied. I know that I said I would never sell my piano, but I had come to realize that it was too big to take with us, wherever we ended up, and the deal was that I would sell the piano but that money would go to buy a small digital piano and not just into the general fund. I made some attempts, and nothing had come of them. I was realizing that time was getting close, if we were going to vacate the house. Ackk, what was I going to do?
They want the piano! The young mom loved it instantly, she loves to play, and a piano was on her list of eventual wishes, but not possible right now, she thought. That was the moment that I knew, casting a silent burst of joy towards heaven, that this was the family the Lord wanted to have our house, this was what He had brought together, and my piano can stay right there at home and have a brand new family.
What more can you ask?
Congratulations on selling your home! There are so many emotions involved in selling the place you've hung your heart for so many years, isn't there? I hope you are just downsizing and plan to stay close,so you'll be there when we return. :)
ReplyDelete