Has it been two weeks?
Oh, dear, I knew it had been too long, but I didn't realize that a full two weeks had gonr by. If I stopped to think about it, though, last weekend I had no computer (translation: see, it wasn't my fault!) for four days, no access to online resources until the night before my lesson, so that was the first priority, and I haven't been on my blog since then. Thanks so much to the kind friend who was able to find a way in and clean it up without having to take it in to the "hospital."
Moving is so unending a process. The new place looks worse now because there is not time to sort most of the stuff now before pulling it out and bringing it here. We can see the end in sight at the old house, we're not there yet, but coming closer. Hubby has borne the vast brunt, and he's my hero.
The cherry blossoms bloomed really late this year, and I have missed them, since that's not the place where I live now to get up, go out and come back in, or gaze out the window. I drank in the floral view (here, last pic at the end) from my couch in its new spot, but that's gone to simple green now, and the cherry blossoms have come on without me; they opened late and seem to be going more quickly. I have walked here where there are a few trees, and just stopped and gazed up through the branches for a minute. I may just drive to the old block to take my walk so that I can go out in them...but one possible advantage is that the street looks gorgeous as people have come to look at the house. Though we are not done with clearing it out, several interested parties have come to walk through, and we think we have a buyer, a young family who would be ecstatic to be in the close neighborhood--three blocks-- where their son goes to school already by optional enrollment (read: out of the boundaries, drive him each day). The young mom's father can do all the repairs it needs himself, giving them a major leg up. I would love to have another family grow up and stay there, and they have a cute little baby girl, I'd guess about six months old, with red hair. Wouldn't that be perfect? Big square house, double lot fenced, room for a swingset again.
There are so many things to think about and plan, and to organize and cope with, I could despair of ever being finished. I want to forget it and get back to other things. I'm trying to deal with both, maybe I can do better at that this week. So now that I have declared that this blog is not abandoned, there will be other thoughts to come. Maybe some of them will even be worth having.
So, TTFN! (Ta ta for now, from Tigger)
Moving is so unending a process. The new place looks worse now because there is not time to sort most of the stuff now before pulling it out and bringing it here. We can see the end in sight at the old house, we're not there yet, but coming closer. Hubby has borne the vast brunt, and he's my hero.
The cherry blossoms bloomed really late this year, and I have missed them, since that's not the place where I live now to get up, go out and come back in, or gaze out the window. I drank in the floral view (here, last pic at the end) from my couch in its new spot, but that's gone to simple green now, and the cherry blossoms have come on without me; they opened late and seem to be going more quickly. I have walked here where there are a few trees, and just stopped and gazed up through the branches for a minute. I may just drive to the old block to take my walk so that I can go out in them...but one possible advantage is that the street looks gorgeous as people have come to look at the house. Though we are not done with clearing it out, several interested parties have come to walk through, and we think we have a buyer, a young family who would be ecstatic to be in the close neighborhood--three blocks-- where their son goes to school already by optional enrollment (read: out of the boundaries, drive him each day). The young mom's father can do all the repairs it needs himself, giving them a major leg up. I would love to have another family grow up and stay there, and they have a cute little baby girl, I'd guess about six months old, with red hair. Wouldn't that be perfect? Big square house, double lot fenced, room for a swingset again.
There are so many things to think about and plan, and to organize and cope with, I could despair of ever being finished. I want to forget it and get back to other things. I'm trying to deal with both, maybe I can do better at that this week. So now that I have declared that this blog is not abandoned, there will be other thoughts to come. Maybe some of them will even be worth having.
So, TTFN! (Ta ta for now, from Tigger)
Comments
Post a Comment