Moving, yikes!
I'm not dead, just swamped. We had the first round of helpers last night, then a crew tomorrow morning. We will have a final push with our bed, the freezer, and the computer table and all our electronics on a date to be determined, but soon. So far this is still "the house" and that's the "new" house.
The new house does not have any cabinets tall enough for cereal boxes. Even if you put the boxes on their sides, some of them will not fit inside the cupboard doors. The upper cupboards are only 11 inches deep, and the counters are only 17 inches deep, so those cabinets are only 14 inches interior depth. There are lots of them, all the way to the ceiling, and I can't reach them. I have ordered a step stool, the round kind that rolls, but locks when you step onto it and place weight, with a rubberized top. It is very safe, but I don't think it will be enough. Obviously, the kitchen dates from when this little old house was first born.
I still can't come back into drafts and correct or continue, on my normal setup. I have figured out how to reach my blog another way, but I don't have time to fight with it right now. So, I'm checking in and signing off. We are so grateful for the troops who have rallied to our aid! And for the Lord's blessings. We're a long way from done.
The new house does not have any cabinets tall enough for cereal boxes. Even if you put the boxes on their sides, some of them will not fit inside the cupboard doors. The upper cupboards are only 11 inches deep, and the counters are only 17 inches deep, so those cabinets are only 14 inches interior depth. There are lots of them, all the way to the ceiling, and I can't reach them. I have ordered a step stool, the round kind that rolls, but locks when you step onto it and place weight, with a rubberized top. It is very safe, but I don't think it will be enough. Obviously, the kitchen dates from when this little old house was first born.
I still can't come back into drafts and correct or continue, on my normal setup. I have figured out how to reach my blog another way, but I don't have time to fight with it right now. So, I'm checking in and signing off. We are so grateful for the troops who have rallied to our aid! And for the Lord's blessings. We're a long way from done.
I know what you mean about not reaching things high up. In my physical condition I don't dare get up on a step stool, but I have two alternatives. One is my son who is 6 foot something. No, you can't have him. The other is a 'grabber' (I don't know what to call it) that I use a lot. I can take a picture of it, send it to Alison, who can forward it on to you.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the move! I don't envy you.
Wish I could run over and help. Wish we lived closer. And I wish you all the best in your new place.
ReplyDelete