House?

Well, I was hoping to be able to post on Wednesday that we had found a rental house.  We did find a rental house, ten blocks from here, 1030 square feet with a full, unfinished basement, and actual closets in it.  We may still get it, but we were supposed to hear back on Wednesday and we have heard nothing, not a peep.

I was going to have fun saying that we lost a house once for my birthday, and now got one for Hubby's.  But alas, that little bit of comic cosmic symmetry was not to be.  Once upon a time, we were set to sign an earnest money agreement to buy a small house on contract from friends in the ward who lived next door and had bought this second, identical house a couple of years later as a rental.  Hubby told people in his office that this was happening, and the boss heard about it and called him in.  He was being laid off as of Friday (this was Monday).  He had been hired as an insurance adjuster (he had not passed the bar yet) with the idea of sending him to Twin Falls, Idaho, which we knew, and they were now not going to be able to use him there and they didn't have another permanent spot for him, so he was being laid off.  It was my birthday, not a very happy one--we lost a job and a house all in one fell swoop. It was a small mercy that the manager didn't wait until Friday, as he normally would have, and saved us losing our earnest money, but we were still pretty depressed.

So it would have been delightful to have word that we got the house we want on his birthday, but no such luck.  We still have hope, but it's quieter now.

I did start a post about Wednesday's class, but the blogger service is having problems with me, and I can't get it to call up the draft so I can finish it, last night or this morning.  So here I am, even with no news, so as to show that I haven't totally disappeared.  Wish us luck!

Comments

  1. I would certainly clean up that second paragraph better, I was in a hurry and had to leave, but it won't let me in. In fact, it told me at the time that it hadn't posted, but it actually had. It tells me it's sorry it couldn't bring up my list, but my list is there; however, opening anything on my list is a no-go, not an error message, just stares at me blankly. Isn't technology grand?

    So please be forgiving, and I'll fix the syntax when it will let me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry about the second paragraph. It seemed understandable to me. And yes, technology IS grand -- when it works.

    Okay, things must turn around for you now. Enough of this bad news business. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We love you too, Hugh

The apple tree's tale

Goodby, cont.