Back, and leaving soon

I am a little the worse for wear, but very happy, after time spent with people I love so much, and then phone time--calling for her birthday-- with the only person (and her husband) from our student days that we are still in touch with.  Then a stake program last night, where we spotted friends we last saw on their way 'out of Dodge' maybe a year ago.  I can't even remember where they were moving, but they were passing through on their way from Alaska to the next place, and now they have returned to Tacoma in the next-door ward.  Not ours--rats!--but close.  (You can't miss them, he's 6'4" and she's 5-foot- nothing and a couple of decades younger.)

I have been worked over by both the massage therapist and the chiropractor this afternoon, and I expect to be too sore to sleep, but that doesn't matter at all.  We are getting on a plane in a couple of days, and will see family members we have seen this summer and those we see seldom, coming from both coasts.

We began last week's blessings by being in the temple Tuesday morning with good friends whose son has a mission call, reporting in a couple of weeks.  He has been our student and was going through the temple for his endowments.

Meanwhile I have a lesson to give, as I continue to be grateful for my blessings.

[Didn't get back to post this last night, so now it's Tuesday.  I did sleep but felt pretty wilted still for drawing class this morning.  I am  holding off panic about the things that aren't done yet until after the closing prayer for class tomorrow.  Then I can panic. I am almost done with the laundry, though; scriptures and dirty clothes today.  The mundane with the sublime, isn't that how life operates?]


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We love you too, Hugh

The apple tree's tale

Goodby, cont.