Too short! but wonderful

Well, the pie didn't quite burn (we didn't hear the timer through the vacuum cleaner) and we didn't see them Saturday, but my sister and brother-in-law did get here Friday and come back this morning for church.

Their plane was delayed, so they were very ready to be fed by the time they arrived through a GPS-directed  back way, because the traffic snarl was horrendous on the interstate.  So much for my directions. (And they thought pho was delicious.)  Glad for cell phones, because they were able to keep us apprised.  It meant that we lost daylight time for showing them around, but we directed them around the high points, got to get out and walk through the downtown museum district where some of the displays are outdoors, and go drive around Point Defiance, which is the second largest municipal park in any city of the U.S., Central Park being the only one bigger in area.  We got out and saw the beach where we have spent many a ward picnic or family outing.  You can walk the waterfront from downtown to the Narrows overview at the end of this park.

Thanks, Carole, for this pic.

The day was perfect.  They're not actually standing in the water, honest, and you can see Vashon Island behind them, which fits in the curve of Puget Sound at that point; there was a ferry passing on the right, out of sight of this frame.  Vashon sits so that you can take a ferry from Tacoma to the south point, from West Seattle to the northernmost point, and from the far (west) side to Bremerton, where the naval shipyards are.

They did make it back down for church before taking off to turn in their car and make their boat.  We pressed a friend into service to snap a quick picture to prove it.  It was so fun to see them, Atlanta is awfully far away.


Alaska will be a big change from the heat back east.  I hope they have a fabulous time on their cruise this week, it's something I've wanted to do for a long time, so if we're ever rich...you know where I'm going.

Comments

  1. I'd have sworn they were standing in the water!
    Glad you had a good visit.

    It's been a long time since I've been in that area. Back in '51-'52 I was stationed at (now gone) Fort Lawton, Seattle, and then transferred to Fort Lewis. My late sister lived near Seattle for many years, and my late wife and I used to visit. Beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We love you too, Hugh

The apple tree's tale

Goodby, cont.