Company coming!

I have been too tired and busy to Think Big Thoughts, or at least to write about them.  My youngest sister and her husband are celebrating their 30th anniversary (a little early) by taking a cruise to Alaska, which sails out of Seattle.  Which is almost where we live.  So they are coming in tomorrow afternoon, Friday, while their ship leaves Sunday, and they are coming to Tacoma tomorrow evening and then tramping around Seattle to play tourist on Saturday.  Sadly, we are not in the tramping all day capacity right now, so we may have a chance to meet them somewhere for one thing--or dinner and chatting tomorrow night may be it-- except for them coming down again to join us for church Sunday morning before they have to sail that afternoon.

Carole came down for two days to help, and we may be almost presentable.  We own too many books (I know, isn't that concept an oxymoron?) for our space, despite my extensive use of the public library.  There are worse fates, I guess.  I have promised to make a peach raspberry pie and Hubby has actually registered that he has to leave the peaches alone.  I bought the last of the local strawberries yesterday and finished them for the freezer today, when I had to sit.  I can't stay on my feet very long.  So, I have been actively doing all that I am able, and Carole has been wonderful.  We tackled some long-standing disaster areas, and I wish we could wave a magic wand and solve them all. 

We're going to have a good time, and that's what matters, and I'm going to tell the chiropractor that Wednesday was indeed a little too much and he better not wipe me out so much tomorrow, because I need to be not-comatose. I was so wiped out yesterday.  Monday he can do me in if he needs to.

So, anxiously waiting for that plane...!

Comments

  1. We do what we can do, and no more. Sounds pretty obvious. That pie sounds scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We love you too, Hugh

The apple tree's tale

Goodby, cont.