Nobody's birthday
He who will not be named is getting a gift for the birthday he does not want acknowledged. After the blogging about bread and food, I have succumbed, as I was bound to, and two loaves of French bread are about to go in the oven for the birthday (oops, there's that word again) dinner, which will be simple. Since he broke out a tooth, homemade chicken soup is a good idea for more than one reason.
The gift is for today because I told him on Valentine's Day that I had one gift, and did he want it for Valentine's or saved for his birthday? He said that since he didn't have anything for me, it had better wait three weeks for his birthday. (He was sorry.) So he can't get away entirely tonight. This either/or situation is the result of not running out of love, but being without funds; I judge the former question is much more important than the latter, so we're just fine.
Happy, happy, (don't say that word!)---to my sweetie today.
The gift is for today because I told him on Valentine's Day that I had one gift, and did he want it for Valentine's or saved for his birthday? He said that since he didn't have anything for me, it had better wait three weeks for his birthday. (He was sorry.) So he can't get away entirely tonight. This either/or situation is the result of not running out of love, but being without funds; I judge the former question is much more important than the latter, so we're just fine.
Happy, happy, (don't say that word!)---to my sweetie today.
Gee, one could guess who isn't having a birthday. Years ago some friends and I would occasionally give a gift and say, "Happy Unbirthday!"
ReplyDelete