Quiet now
Well, the two of them are on their way home. G-1 and G-2 are getting on a plane to cross the country overnight while daddy hopes baby will sleep.
I won't have to push the mouse away from the front of the computer desk, and push the chair carefully into position even if I am only leaving the computer for a minute. I can do dishes any time of the day I need to, because no little feet will come running when they hear the door pull down, or try to climb onto that door, or grab unerringly for whatever object in the silverware rack is sharpest, and thus hazardous. The legos will go back into the attic room, the playpen will be folded up, the high chair can be returned to its owners and the dropcloth can be washed and retired. I don't have to make sure that nothing is left resting near the counter's edge. I will not be buying whole milk anymore, only nonfat. The tendinitis in my elbows will probably calm back down, and my therapy visits (deep tissue massage, not psychiatric) be a little less frequent again. I can get really involved in a book (even if I lose track of what else is going on). We can go to a movie tomorrow, and we can both be away from home at the same time. We won't be listening for cries in the middle of the night, and we can get up when we want to. Someone else has to find that shoe he kicked off and clean the tomato sauce out of his eyebrows.
Babysitters will no longer be one of our concerns.
Life will go back to normal.
Sigh.
(Sorry, I have to go mope now.)
I won't have to push the mouse away from the front of the computer desk, and push the chair carefully into position even if I am only leaving the computer for a minute. I can do dishes any time of the day I need to, because no little feet will come running when they hear the door pull down, or try to climb onto that door, or grab unerringly for whatever object in the silverware rack is sharpest, and thus hazardous. The legos will go back into the attic room, the playpen will be folded up, the high chair can be returned to its owners and the dropcloth can be washed and retired. I don't have to make sure that nothing is left resting near the counter's edge. I will not be buying whole milk anymore, only nonfat. The tendinitis in my elbows will probably calm back down, and my therapy visits (deep tissue massage, not psychiatric) be a little less frequent again. I can get really involved in a book (even if I lose track of what else is going on). We can go to a movie tomorrow, and we can both be away from home at the same time. We won't be listening for cries in the middle of the night, and we can get up when we want to. Someone else has to find that shoe he kicked off and clean the tomato sauce out of his eyebrows.
Babysitters will no longer be one of our concerns.
Life will go back to normal.
Sigh.
(Sorry, I have to go mope now.)
Oh, my! You love 'em when they are with you, even if they can get into trouble, and you mimm them when they are gone. Hope the mope doesn't last too long.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I had some trouble accessing your blog, so the previous one also has a comment.
I love that last line. Perfect.
ReplyDelete