Naaman and the Prophet Elisha

The post I didn't finish before I wrote about Joel turned into my column for this week.  Teaching Elisha and the story of Naaman the leper from Syria I used this film on DVD from the Church study resources.  It's one of those stories we might remember from Sunday school, but I hadn't looked at it in depth.  As I find over and over again, there is so much more there than we sometimes pay attention to.

Here is my column with the profound effect it had on me and on the class, seeing as if we were there, rather than rushing past the surface of the words.  We have our own struggles with assumptions or pride or faith, and this depiction speaks to them.

Sometimes we have to follow the Lord's direction to its conclusion before we can see its purpose or understand its process.  The choice to trust teaches us, if we will continue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We love you too, Hugh

The apple tree's tale

Goodby, cont.