Minor Lapses

I did not mean to let a whole week go by last week with no posting; I think I was mentally tired.  I was all wrapped up in my head with other stories of  autism, and trying to read an account of a father reaching out to his adult brain-damaged son, but I ended up having to take that back to the library unfinished because other things had to have my attention and it was overdue.  I will return to that at some point.  (I am usually on top of due dates.)  No other subjects satisfied me for a couple of days, and then I kinda went into a state that can best be described as 'bleh.'  Each day I did not get back here for various reasons, and on Saturday, revved up again, when I was home Hubby needed the machine.

I have been referred to a new type of specialized therapy for my June injuries, and I see that person tomorrow.  This is another, not familiar to me, avenue to try to make better progress.  After all the years and all the (5) cars that have hit me, it's not surprising that I'm not doing fabulously.  We'll see what this is, and how it goes.

I have been very conscious of my friend,  First Reader and Nauvoo Times editor, Kathy Kidd, who has been in the hospital for over a month, and as I write I miss the thought of her reading my posts--I have certainly missed reading hers on Planet Kathy.  I miss being able to drop her a note on news or ideas.  She is well out of danger now, and in rehabilitation to build up her strength to be able to go home, but it will be a while yet.  I have not missed any days in prayer for her recovery, and I am so grateful for the updates her wonderful husband has posted so that we can all know how she's doing.

She will be able to catch up with me eventually, (Hi, Kathy, welcome back, when you read this.) and I will be doing better than last week now, I'm sure.  "Blehs," be gone, there are still many blessings to be grateful for.




Comments

  1. *hugs* Love you! And my best wishes to your friend Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to include, I did indulge in a good WWI-England mystery novel. Charles Todd, two series, this was the original volume with nurse Bess Armstrong, the other sequence features a Scotland Yard inspector, Ian Rutledge, back from the war, suffering from shell shock. I am sternly not getting the next ones just yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We love you too, Hugh

The apple tree's tale

Goodby, cont.