New hearing of an old hymn
Watching General Conference, this performance of a beautiful hymn was beautifully done. The usual soprano line on the last line of the verses is one repeated note, but it had not struck me that, like the hymn "The Lord is My Shepherd," the actual melody there is in the lower part, not the soprano. On the final verse here, you can hear the choir sing that note while the soloist repeats the moving line. That repeated final note, the one I always sing, is like a warm, sustained chiming of a bell, but the melody moving beneath it is lovely. Next time the congregation sings this I may sing it entirely differently than I have done before.
I love the words. I love this understanding of the music, in this arrangement.
I love the words. I love this understanding of the music, in this arrangement.
Comments
Post a Comment