As my brain sputtered...
I saw the caller ID on the phone, and recognized my second daughter. She doesn't call often, so I picked up and said hello. Happily. She said, "Hi, mom, would you like to have lunch with me today?" See title to this post. I couldn't immediately process that question, since she lives almost across the country.
"Where are you? Of course!"
"Sea-Tac. I'll explain when I see you, it's been completely crazy, I had this conference and was so slammed that the date suddenly arrived before I realized it." She explained when we met why she had been so slammed, and I could understand. She mentioned that she had said something about this coming up later, when we had talked at Christmas, but with no details it didn't stick to my mind two months ago.
So yes, the only thing that couldn't be rearranged was at 4 p.m. and lunch wouldn't mess it up. She said she realized as she went to the airport that she hadn't talked to us yet about the fact that she would be in Seattle.
I put together some of the pictures, ones she was in, that had been gathered up for this project and she went through them, remembering and telling stories to her husband, who had come along for the trip. He apparently had vacation time he had to use up or lose, so they were both here. We enjoyed seeing them very much, and with fourteen hours a day for four days, there honestly was no way to break into that time once this conference started, and their plane left at 6 a.m. this morning. Tuesday was it.
Meanwhile, the book came in yesterday's mail. I have added two more pages in the project archive for my kids, and I hope to continue to watch for specials so that I can give a copy eventually to each of our children. The site will hang onto my projects, and they can be reordered or redone.
Now I'm working on not just dumping all those pictures back in boxes, but organizing and putting them in the place that's been set aside for them. It's been such a happy thing to be surrounded by them, lots of smiles. But real life requires me to be able to use my desktop and table again, alas...and okay. That's life.
"Where are you? Of course!"
"Sea-Tac. I'll explain when I see you, it's been completely crazy, I had this conference and was so slammed that the date suddenly arrived before I realized it." She explained when we met why she had been so slammed, and I could understand. She mentioned that she had said something about this coming up later, when we had talked at Christmas, but with no details it didn't stick to my mind two months ago.
So yes, the only thing that couldn't be rearranged was at 4 p.m. and lunch wouldn't mess it up. She said she realized as she went to the airport that she hadn't talked to us yet about the fact that she would be in Seattle.
I put together some of the pictures, ones she was in, that had been gathered up for this project and she went through them, remembering and telling stories to her husband, who had come along for the trip. He apparently had vacation time he had to use up or lose, so they were both here. We enjoyed seeing them very much, and with fourteen hours a day for four days, there honestly was no way to break into that time once this conference started, and their plane left at 6 a.m. this morning. Tuesday was it.
Meanwhile, the book came in yesterday's mail. I have added two more pages in the project archive for my kids, and I hope to continue to watch for specials so that I can give a copy eventually to each of our children. The site will hang onto my projects, and they can be reordered or redone.
Now I'm working on not just dumping all those pictures back in boxes, but organizing and putting them in the place that's been set aside for them. It's been such a happy thing to be surrounded by them, lots of smiles. But real life requires me to be able to use my desktop and table again, alas...and okay. That's life.
Comments
Post a Comment